It may seem that there’s nothing you can do about your stress level. The bills aren’t going to stop coming, there will never be more hours in the day for all your errands, and your career or family responsibilities will always be demanding.
But you have a lot more control than you might think. In fact, the simple realization that you’re in control of your life is the foundation of stress management.
Managing stress is all about taking charge: taking charge of your thoughts, your emotions, your schedule, your environment, and the way you deal with problems. The ultimate goal is a balanced life, with time for work, relationships, relaxation, and fun – plus the resilience to hold up under pressure and meet challenges head on.
Rincon del Rio is about Abundant Living and Successful Aging and undo stress has no place in that equation. Try these tips to reduce your stress level:
- Reduce the time you spend comparing the past to the present.
- Exercise: Physical activity may help you vent negative feelings and promote better sleep.
- Diet can contribute to mood states. Limit alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine.
- Make time to do activities you enjoy.
- Talk about what’s bothering you. Don let problems or concerns silently build up inside. If there are some things you feel are too personal to talk about with others, writing what you’re think can help you feel better and make your concerns seem more manageable.
- Be social. Don’t spend all your free time watching movies or reading. Talk to the people around you and develop relationships and new friendships. It’s easier than it sounds!
- Stay healthy. Try your best to get enough sleep, wash your hands often, and ask your doctor about supplements to improve your overall health.